Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jet Setter

Jet Setter



shopthetrendboutique.com

H M leopard print top
$24 - hm.com

Boyfriend blazer
sheinside.com

Tory Burch ballet flat
shopbop.com


As I've mentioned in my previous post, I am heading to Colorado for the weekend to visit my lovely boyfriend! This will be my first time traveling ALONE on a plane (I have always traveled with someone else). Therefore, I am a little nervous. Although, I had quite a fun time deciding on what to wear to the airport!
I'll admit, I am a tad obsessed with looking at celebrities 'airport looks' and trying to recreate them on a daily basis. So, I actually had the advantage of creating a real airport look!
There are a few tips I've learned and decided when choosing an outfit for travel:
1). Minimal Jewelry - It's just easier in general to bring minimal jewelry on any short trip. Even though it is tempting to bring everything!
2). Layers - I am always cold or I'm hot. Therefore, I am bringing a blazer to wear over my blouse. I chose a blouse, because the sleeves can also be rolled up, and it is lightweight.
3). A large but functional bag - I love my Louis Vuitton Artsy, because it's classic, goes with everything, and can fit everything in it too! It's a good piece to bring, because unlike a large tote, I can bring my large, but beautiful (lol) bag to dinner, shopping, etc. on my trip!
4). Jeans - because they're comfortable but still put together. Leggings always work as well!
5). Flats - Easy to walk in and chic.
There's the long reasoning to why I chose this outfit.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend, too!
xx Katrina




5 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like you are prepared :) The first time I flew solo, it was nerve wracking, but after that it's actually nice to travel that way! Don't forget bubble gum if your ears pop too :P

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Thanks, girl! I came back in one piece. So, that's always a good sign ;)

      Delete
  2. cute look! Love the minimal look for traveling in an airport. It's great to have layers and easy to slip on (and off) shoes for that "fun" security check line. I traveled on a plane for a majority of my relationship when I first started to date my now husband. Long distance is not easy but when it works out, it's so amazing. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog!! =)