Tuesday, October 16, 2012

DIY: Glitter Mason Jar

How to make a glitter mason jar.
Easy, fun, and very inexpensive!

Before you start, you will need . . .
Supplies: Loose Glitter, Mason Jars (both from the dollar store), Paint Brush, Paper Bowl, Craft Glue, Painters Tape (not pictured), and newspaper


Step 1:
Tape your mason jar just above the area you want the glitter for a clean, fresh edge.

Step 2:
Use your paintbrush to paint the area of the mason jar where you want the glitter to sparkle.


Step 3: After the area is covered with glue, Sprinkle the glitter! I used a paper bowl to catch the stragglers and keep the mess minimum.

Step 4: Let glitter dry in the paper bowl for at least one hour (I waited longer just to be safe).
Step 5: Remove painters tape slowly, and..


 Job Finished!
(Note: I did not put glue or glitter on the bottom of the jar.)



 I love it! 
I've wanted to do this DIY project for so long, and I'm so happy I did. It was very easy and inexpensive. Nearly every supply item can be found at the dollar store.
I think it makes a perfect home for my glitter pens!
xx Katrina

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Would be perfect for holding things around the holidays as well!
    Steffi
    http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute DIY. I keep seeing all these glittery mason jar ideas on pinterest, I really need to sit down and make a few of them :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog!! =)