Saturday, September 8, 2012

Preppy Bargain Shopper








{White Button Up, A&F; Skinny Jeans, Nordstrom Rack; Tennis Shoes, Tory Burch; Navy Duffle Bag, Coach; Sunnies, Chanel; Bracelets and Necklace, Tory Burch, Tiffany & Co}

I found these adorable Tory Burch kicks at Nordstrom Rack when I was in Denver last month. They're super comfortable, and I really love the navy color. The price wasn't bad either ;)

I definitely label myself as a bargain shopper. However, I will admit that I may buy things just BECAUSE they're on sale. That's a big mistake on my part! At first, I thought these shoes were going to be one of those purchases (emotions that usually occur after an impulse sale purchase include: shame, guilt, and regret), but the shoes turned out to be one of my favorite sale finds as of late!

I have developed several skills to help my "sale buying" problem. First, I choose to decide how great the sale is. For example: Is the item on sale for half off? Or just 10% off? Secondly, I debate whether the item is a rare find our something that is in abundance. If it is a rare find, then that makes it even harder to put down.. Lastly, I walk around the store with the item(s) I wish to purchase. Sometimes, actually, a lot of the time, I will either get sick of looking at the item, or I will realize I don't want it that bad. Beware: This strategy does not work 100% of the time. Especially after a stressful day or after a glass of wine!

Happy Saturday! 
I will be watching movies and working on some case studies tonight. I'm such a party animal ;)
xx Katrina

1 comment:

  1. Hehe I know what you mean! I've also been a "total party animal" this weekend prepping for interviews and doing more applications. bwahah. oh well. I still get my kicks from online shopping ;) Adoring your tiffany's necklace - so lovely! and great score on the Tory sneaks!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog!! =)